Responsible attendance ensures all children have fair access to education. We ensure this by:
- Quick identification of children that could become persistently absent.
- Focus on known groups of children at risk of persistent absence and low attainment (Pupil Premium, FSM, SEND, CIN and CP).
- Thorough assessment to identify root causes for absence, by year group, theme, category and by pupil.
- Profiling of pupil progress to highlight the impact absence has on children’s attainment.
- Swift and early help to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Effective attendance support, time-bound to ensure improvements, no quick fixes or drift.
- The welfare of children, through the confirmation of their whereabouts and safety.
- Prevents and/or reduces persistent absence.
- Facilitates improved engagement and participation in learning.
- Prevents children and young people from being involved in antisocial behaviour and crime.
- Mitigates the negative impact of poverty for children by ensuring they fulfil their educational potential.