Parents can be issued a Fixed Penalty Notice for their child’s non-attendance. The penalty is £60 and this increases to £120 if paid after 21 days, but within 28 days. Each Local Authority publishes a ‘Code of Conduct’ for Fixed Penalty Notices. It is the Head Teacher that decides to fine for unauthorised absences. If taking this decision, they refer requests to the Local Authority to issue the fixed Penalty Notice.
Attendance Plus and Penalty Notice
We help schools with Penalty Notice fines by:
- Assessing and deciding the appropriateness of using a Penalty Notice;
- Liaison with the Local Authority;
- Making an application for the Penalty Notice;
- Support for the family in the context of achieving regular attendance / improved punctuality;
- Monitoring and overseeing the Penalty Notice.