Support and Engage Families
‘Attendance for learning’ is a six-weeks programme that puts attendance in context to help families understand the importance of attendance, for now and for the future, and how parents play a vital role in this.
The programme supports school delivery of the ‘Wider Strategies’ component of the Education Endowment Foundation guide for the Pupil Premium and compliments the Ofsted guidance on Relationships education.
- Education law and responsibilities to this (school and parental)
- The home-school relationship (importance of good rapport)
- The facilitating environment (how parents can help/extend learning)
- Learning for all (understanding/realising aspirations)
- Piecing this together (applying learning/developing peer support/parental network)
- Time together (programme success, celebrating a shared achievement)
Find out more here:Attendance-for-learning