School, public and community development
We work creatively with schools, local authorities (LA) and communities to deliver innovative and inspiring ideas for school attendance (e.g. Attendance in the Time of COVID, Attendance Support and Attendance for learning).
We offer consultancy to schools, multi-academy trusts (MATs) and local authorities wishing to create new projects or services that have value to children’s education, wellbeing and wider development.
We also write and deliver bespoke attendance policies, strategies and performance frameworks for schools, multi-academy trusts (MATs) and local authorities, benchmarked to national and local data.
We help schools, multi-academy trusts (MATs) and local authorities in their preparedness for Ofsted inspections and regarding their submission of evidence for inspections.
Training – INSET, existing school attendance and pastoral staff (CPD).
Supervision – supervision / line management of existing school staff with an attendance role.
Ensures new attendance staff:
- have relevant information needed to carry out role.
- understand the relevant legislation, policy and procedures and how to apply to their role.
- are enabled to work effectively, ethically and independently.
One-to-one support aided by an induction pack, enables staff to work through sections with confidence.
- Section 1: Attendance in context – education, wellbeing and wider development.
- Section 2: Working with others – collaborating with families, safeguarding and the multi-agency approach.
- Section 3: Legal powers – understanding these to secure regular attendance.
- Section 4: Lateness – the impact on learning / strategies to improve punctuality.
- Section 5: Attendance data and tracking – benchmarking to national, regional and local.
- Section 6: Policy and procedure – understanding the Whole School Approach.
- Section 7: Improvement planning – the contribution to narrowing the gap, SEF and inspections (Ofsted).
The induction pack uses Department for Education guidance on school attendance as a knowledge base to reinforce, embed and to apply learning to the attendance role.
Find out more – Say hello