Alexander Jones – Director
Attendance Plus is a consolidation of Alex’s experience in children’s services combining his understanding and application of child development, psychology, education pedagogy, partnerships with families, commissioning, school improvement, closing the attainment gap initiatives and 18-years in school attendance. Alex uses this experience to re-vision school attendance practice and closing the gap initiatives.
Key areas of interest and practice development
- Using research and best practice to inform school attendance and closing the gap initiatives.
- Focusing minds and activity to the impact absence has on pupil attainment.
- Understanding family narratives and their impact on education.
- Ensuring practice removes barriers from learning for children and adults.
- Enabling families to understand relevant law and their responsibilities to these.
- Maximising digital transactions for enhanced participation, efficiencies and reporting outcomes.
- Ensuring international standards to GDPR.
- School Attendance Specialist.
- Applied Psychology.
- Safeguarding and Wellbeing.
- School Exclusion.
- SEND and Inclusion.
- Preventing Crime and Disorder.
- Children Missing Education.
- Preventing NEET.
- Relevant law.