Being understood can sometimes be difficult. To not be heard can be difficult when needing to communicate with others about how you feel in relation to a certain situation or area.
Advocacy means being supported by another person to help others understand how you are feeling and so that your wishes and feelings are heard.
Our support workers advocate on behalf of children and young people, putting their interests front and centre, ensuring best outcomes for their education, wellbeing and wider development.
- Listen to views and concerns
- Help explore options and rights
- Provide information to help make decisions
- Help contact with relevant people and support
- Facilitate meetings and ensure all questions/points are asked/covered