Reducing Persistent Absence with heart
“The Attendance Advisor didn’t talk down to me… they helped me with housing and financial issues and to get my child’s attendance back on track”Parent
Our approach, our difference
Our Attendance Advisors are sensitive to discuss family preoccupations (specific needs of the child, school difficulties, finances, health, family matters) and support these where possible. Advisors are adept to bring focus of the need for regular attendance by discussing the impact absence has on attainment relevant to the child, while sensitively discussing education law and responsibilities to this. Learn more > Responsible Attendance.
Electronic Case Management System (ECMS) – discussions, actions and outcomes electronically recorded, no more paper, no more waiting, new episodes notified by email. No extra cost for ECMS.
- Supports families, directly or by signposting; referrals to MASH where required.
- Equips parents to understand relevant law and responsibilities to this.
- Focuses minds to the impact absence has on pupil attainment.
- Enables attendance improvements by partnering with families, schools and other agencies as appropriate.
- Recognises attendance improvements, celebrates and rewards these.
“We work hard to achieve excellent attendance, Attendance Plus provides a range of support for our families, as a result they’ve helped us improve our attendance and to reduce our persistent absence.”Valence Primary School, Dagenham, Essex
- Electronic Case Management System – enables real-time information for schools about casework status.
- School Workspace – to record school interventions pre and post referral.
- Family Portal – puts families at the heart of the attendance support and improvement process.
- Attendance Targets – tracked and reviewed to sustain attendance.
- Attendance Certificates – to recognise commitment to improvement.
- Attendance Rewards – to reward sustained attendance.
- Attendance Performance Report – scheduled report provides SLT with information about outcomes on interventions.
- School Improvement Planning – supports closing the gap work, commissioning and school improvement.
- Safeguarding risks understood and mitigated.
- Families supported.
- Improved attendance.
- Improved commitment to home learning.
- Improved attainment.
- Persistent Absence reduced at pupil and school level.